Connex can locate orders matching a deposit and add the total fees as a line item on the deposit. If you have not already, login to Connex and click manage. Expand refunds. Check create check. Connex will add the checks as a refund and associate them with the deposit.
How do I insert the orders into QuickBooks?
Once complete, you must sync all orders associated with the deposit:
- Go to the my connections page and expand manually sync an existing connection.
- Change the sync dates.
- Click submit and run your web connector.
Once you sync the orders into QuickBooks, upload the payout:
- Log into Shopify.
- On the right, click view payouts.
- Download the payout that you wish to match.
- Click export and save as a plain CSV file.
- Go Back to Connex
- In settings, on the left, click Match Deposits.
- Upload the spreadsheet to Connex by clicking 'select payout' and find your saved CSV file.
How does the UI appear in Connex?
Once you upload the sheet, follow these steps:
- Add the date of the deposit into your bank account.
- To add merchant fees in bulk, enter the account to use. If you leave this field blank, then no fees are added. This is ideal if your orders already have fees added by Connex.
- Enter the bank account to make the deposit:
- Click submit.
- Run the web connector.
How does a deposit appear?
Here is a screenshot.
How does a deposit with a refund appear?
On the Connex deposit matching page, there is a drop down called refund income account. This account is debited, when there are refunds. Here is a screenshot of a deposit with a refund.