Gift cards can be used as a form of payment on an order or they can be purchased as an item from your online store. The gift card must be set up in QuickBooks as well as in your online store.
- If the gift card is being purchased as an item from your store, the SKU in your online store should say 'giftcard' *.
- If the gift card is being applied to an order, then it should appear as a discount or coupon.
When the gift card is used as a form of payment, it appears as a discount on the sale. When it is purchased as an item it will appear as a line item on the order.
* 'giftcard' is an example naming convention. You can choose the name of the SKU and QuickBooks item but they must match!
How do I set these up?
In QuickBooks, make an item called 'giftcard' and change the income account to a liability. Connex will sync gift cards as non-inventory or service items.
Create a new item in your store. In the SKU field, call it 'giftcard'.
How do I map discounts to the gift card item that I made?
Here are the steps:
- Go to the Connex Rules Engine:
- Assuming your coupon code is 'giftcard', add this rule:
How does the sale appear?