The QuickBooks Web Connector (QBWC) is a Microsoft Windows application that enables web-based applications, such as Connex for QuickBooks, to exchange data with QuickBooks Desktop products (including QuickBooks Point of Sale). The Web Connector is installed on the same machine as the QuickBooks company file (or at least on the same local network).
Recommended Web Connector Versions:
Intuit has released multiple versions of the Web Connector. The following versions are compatible with Connex for QuickBooks:
*You must use version 22.214.171.124 if you are a QuickBooks POS user or experience technical issues with a later version of the Web Connector.
Connex for QuickBooks is not compatible with web connector version 126.96.36.199
Q: I already have the web connector and it says version 188.8.131.52. How do I replace it?
A: You must fully delete/uninstall all other versions of the Web Connector entirely before installing a different version of the web connector.
Web Connector Uninstall Instructions:
- Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Intuit\QuickBooks and delete the Web Connector folder.
- Using a Windows search, find all references to 'web connector' on the PC and delete.
Web Connector Install Instructions
- Download one of the following versions of the web connector to your desktop:
- 184.108.40.206 https://intuit.box.com/v/QBWebConnector2-2R0-00071
- Web Connector Version 220.127.116.11 http://developer static.intuit.com/idn/downloads/QBSM/Webconnector/QBWebConnectorInstaller_2_1_0_30.exe
- 18.104.22.168 https://intuit.box.com/v/QBWebConnector2-2R0-00080
- Double click the web connector installer and complete the set-up.
- Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Intuit\QuickBooks\QBWebConnector
- Right-click QBWebConnector and select pin to taskbar. The Web Connector will appear as a yellow/green icon at the bottom of the screen.
- Click the Web Connector icon.
- If you see no applications, you will need a new pairing file from your Connex for QuickBooks account. Login to your Connex for QuickBooks account.
- Expand the 'Pair on another machine' menu, select the existing connection and click 'submit'.
- Save the QWC pairing file to your PC.
- Log into QuickBooks as the Admin user in Single-User mode.
- Double-click the QWC pairing file to start the file install in the Web Connector.
- Follow the on-screen prompts or refer to this knowledge base article for step-by-step instructions.