Intuit has released multiple versions of the Web Connector. The following versions are compatible with Connex for QuickBooks:
*You must use version 126.96.36.199 if you are a QuickBooks POS user or experience technical issues with a later version of the Web Connector.
Connex for QuickBooks is not compatible with web connector version 188.8.131.52
Q: I already have the web connector and it says version 184.108.40.206 or 220.127.116.11. How do I replace it?
A: You must fully delete/uninstall all other versions of the Web Connector entirely before installing version 18.104.22.168.
Web Connector Uninstall Instructions:
- Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Intuit\QuickBooks and delete the Web Connector folder.
- Using a Windows search, find all references to 'web connector' on the PC and delete.
Web Connector 22.214.171.124 Install Instructions
- Download version 126.96.36.199 of the web connector and place it on your desktop.
- Double click the 188.8.131.52 installer and complete the set-up.
- Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Intuit\QuickBooks\QBWebConnector
- Right-click QBWebConnector and select pin to taskbar. The Web Connector will appear as a yellow/green icon at the bottom of the screen.
- Click the Web Connector icon.
- If you see no applications, you will need a new pairing file from your Connex for QuickBooks account. Login to your Connex for QuickBooks account.
- Expand the 'Pair on another machine' menu, select the existing connection and click 'submit'.
- Save the QWC pairing file to your PC.
- Log into QuickBooks as the Admin user in Single-User mode.
- Double-click the QWC pairing file to start the file install in the Web Connector.
- Follow the on-screen prompts or refer to this knowledge base article for step-by-step instructions.