You can receive this error with special characters or your date range sync is too long.
QuickBooks found an error when parsing the provided XML text stream
This can happen with your website sends special characters to Connex and Connex fails to format them. Our support staff needs the log:
- In the web connector, go to file and click clear log.
- Enable advanced logging.
- Close QuickBooks and reopen.
- Login to Connex.
- Under manually sync, adjust the dates or reenter the orders to sync.
- Run the web connector. In the web connector, go to file and click view log.
- Email the log to Connex.
What does HTTP status 404 not found mean?
When you click the blue link, you could see this message:
The request failed with HTTP status 404
Your Web Connector is showing this error:
QBWC1042: ReceiveResponseXML failed
Error message: The request failed with HTTP status 404: Not Found. See QWCLog for more details. Remember to turn logging on.
Our software is looking for orders in QuickBooks to send to ShipStation, but its finding too many orders and is timing out.
This can happen when the QuickBooks user has performed a file rebuild, a back up, or an update. Our software syncs orders by modified date. When any of these things occur, QuickBooks modifies all orders, therefore, our software is trying to sync all orders, and times out.
- Login to Connex
- Click Configure at your QuickBooks to ShipStation Connection
- Expand the "Sync Orders to QuickBooks" Tab
- Place a check mark next to "Sync orders by creation date"
- Change the sync dates back to capture missing orders
- Click 'Sync Now" to Save the setting.
- Run your web connector
- Check your transaction log for details.