Connex can pull the Amazon settlement report and sync a single order. The transaction will add the products as line items with the quantity, SKU, unit price, and tax. Optionally, Connex will add the Amazon fees.
What are the advantages and disadvantages?
There are many advantages:
- You sync one order per settlement report, instead of several hundred.
- Connex adds the Amazon fees.
- It's easier to reconcile and it makes QuickBooks cleaner.
Here are the disadvantages:
- You cannot track sales by customer, since you only have a single order.
- You can only sync ninety days back.
- The sync runs bi-monthly, so you can't see your sales reporting until the next settlement report.
How far back can you sync?
The Amazon settlement report can only go ninety days back. If you need older orders, you can sync individual orders with Amazon directly. Choose Amazon at the my connections page. As a workaround, you could select summary order in the configure page and choose a one to two week date range. Cloud Cart would summarize them into a single order.
How do I add Amazon Fees?
At the configure page, Expand the Merchant Fees Tab, enter Amazon Fees:
How are shipping and gift wrap fees calculated?
Connex will add line items for shipping and gift wrap, as if you collected sales. If you add Amazon fees, Connex will add the shipping and gift wrap as an expense to cancel it.
What does a sample order look like?
Do I need to run this every two weeks?
Yes, you must log in every two weeks and run the sync.
How do I pair Amazon?
Even if you already have a seller ID and marketplace ID, you must add JMA as a licensed developer. Otherwise, your login will fail. You must obtain a seller ID and marketplace ID to integrate with your store. Do not enter your store login and password because it will fail. To obtain these identifiers, follow these steps:
- Go to this site: developer.amazonservices.com.
- Click sign up for MWS.
- Login to your account.
- Click I want to give developer access.
- Enter developer's name as JMA Web Technologies
- Enter the developer Id as 5761-8358-4110
- Click next
- Agree to Amazon's terms and click next
- Make note of the Seller ID, Marketplace ID, and the MWS Auth Token:
Once those steps are complete, go to back to Connex and enter your information:
- On the my connections page, select Amazon.
- Enter your marketplace ID in the first box, the seller ID in the second box and the AWS token in the third box. The AWS Auth Token begins with amzn. Leave the fourth box alone.
- Click the submit button.
How do I sync my first summary sales receipt?
Here are the steps:
- Login to Connex.
- Expand the "Sync Manually to QuickBooks" Tab
- Select configure.
- Change the export dates to the two week period of your settlement summary:
- Click Sync Now.
- In QuickBooks, click file and select update web services.
- In the web connector, check the box to the left of Connex.
- Click update selected.
- When the web connector reaches 100%, search for the Amazon Summary customer.
- You will see your summary sales receipt. You will see a credit memo, if there were refunds.
How do I check what report Connex will use?
Settlement Reports are distributed after the seller's settlement period, which is typically bi-weekly. If you had a sales period of February 23rd to March 9th, the report might be a day later. Try February 24th to March 10th in our system. You can use the order previewer:
- Login to Connex.
- Click configure at my connections.
- Hover over the gear and click reports.
- Click order previewer.
- Enter the date range.
In this example, we entered 1/13 - 1/27 to get the 1/13 to 1/27 settlement report. Connex pulls the settlement report where the export before date is greater than the report end date. If we entered 1/13 to 1/26, the report would not show. 1/26 is less than 1/27. Instead, the report before it of 12/30 to 1/13 would appear.
What if my settlement reports are not two weeks ranges?
Please read how do I check what report Connex will use above. Change the date ranges in the previewer, until you get the desired result.