Connex supports QuickBooks Canada. Connex will match tax codes from QB to the shipping address region.
How does it work?
Connex maps a sales tax code to a region. If you mapped GST for British Colombia, Connex would apply GST on all items and shipping. To map a code, follow these steps:
- Login to Connex.
- Click configure at my connections.
- On the left of the configure page, click sales tax.
- Click add new tax code.
- Add a mapping.
Here is the end result:
If I don't map a tax code, what happens?
Connex will apply exempt to the order.
My orders have multiple tax codes per line, like GST/PST. Does Connex support multiple codes?
Yes, you can map a single QB tax code that will apply GST/PST to orders. Here are some choices:
I want to map tax codes on an item basis. Is this possible?
You can map the tax code from the QuickBooks item list. For more info, read this guide.
My shipping tax codes are different than my item tax codes. How do I map the tax code on shipping?
By default, Connex will apply the same tax code to products and shipping. Here is an example Magento order where tax on items and shipping is different. If you want to apply a different tax code to shipping, follow these steps:
- At Connex, hover over the gear.
- Click import on the left.
- In the attached sheet, change the map from to the two letter region from Canada. Change the map to column to the QB tax code for shipping.
- Upload the sheet.