This article gives you step by step instructions for creating orders in QuickBooks and having them appear in Zoho.
There is up to a five minute delay in syncing orders from QB to your ordering solution. Connex downloads the orders from company file, stores them, and processes them in a batch. To see progress, hover over the gear and click transaction log to see activity.
Connex for QuickBooks
You must set-up your Zoho connection on the my connections page. On the configure page, follow these steps:
- On the QB export tab, check the box for sync orders from QuickBooks.
- Optionally, you can sync any invoice or sales order regardless of class. You may change the class name used to sync. We recommend adding a class because it ensures only certain orders will sync.
- Click save and sync.
You must create an invoice or sales order in QB. It must have a class called Zoho. Here are the steps:
Each order must have a class called Zoho. To enable class tracking in QuickBooks, follow these steps:
- In QuickBooks, go to edit > preferences > accounting > use class tracking for transactions.
- Create a new invoice in QuickBooks and mark the class as Zoho.
In QuickBooks, create a new invoice or sales order. Here is an example order.
You must run the web connector to send orders to Connex:
- In QB, go to File > Update Web Services.
- Next to Connex, check the box on the left.
- Click update selected.
If you have auto run enabled on the web connector, you could wait for it to run. Updating or creating an order in QuickBooks will cause the web connector to send the order to us for processing.
Here is a sample order from QB and Zoho: