Am I using QuickBooks custom fields?
Many of our customers are using pre-built fields. These fields are much easier to set-up and we recommend using them, instead of creating a custom field in QuickBooks. To use these fields, follow these steps:
- In QuickBooks, open an invoice.
- Click the manage tab and click customize data layout:
If you see your field names in other or FOB, then you are using a predefined field.
How do I bind a custom field to the QuickBooks other or FOB field?
In this example, we will map an order custom field to the QuickBooks other field. Using the QuickBooks other or FOB fields required fewer steps to map, since the fields already exist in QuickBooks.
Here are the steps:
- Go to the Connex rules engine.
- To map the other field, add this rule. To map FOB, change the action to map FOB.
How do I bind custom field to custom field?
Add Custom Field to QuickBooks
Here are the steps:
- In QuickBooks, click customers on the top menu.
- Select customer center.
- Open a customer.
- Click additional info.
- On the right, click define fields.
- In the dialog, enter the custom field name and check the customer box.
View a list of custom fields to map
Connex for QuickBooks has an order previewer tool will show a list of sales. If you use WooCommerce, you must check sync custom fields under the transaction tab of the Connex configure page:
To use the tool, follow these steps:
- Login to Connex.
- At the my connections page, select your connection.
- Click configure.
- On the left of the configure page, click order previewer.
- Fill out the search form to view your sale. If you use Shopify or WooCommerce and the order number fails to return the proper sale, use the date range search.
- Expand the sale.
You will see two tabs. The first tab shows a list of custom fields that can be mapped. Without mapping, these fields remain unused. The second tab shows a list of custom fields that will sync to QuickBooks. Here is an example of a custom field:
If you add a mapping and there is no value, then Connex will insert no text and move onto the next field to map. In this example, the order syncing to QuickBooks contains a mapping for PO number. You can view this field on the other tab of the order previewer. Here are the steps:
- Go to the Connex for QuickBooks rules engine.
- Click action and add new.
- This rule maps the QuickBooks PO number from an order custom field called PO.
- The QuickBooks sales origin field is a QuickBooks custom field. We will map custom field to custom field. To map the sales origin, add this rule.
How do I map fields from QuickBooks to ShipStation custom fields?
Out of box, the QuickBooks sales rep and terms field are mapped to custom field three.
In this example, we will map the QuickBooks custom PO field to custom field one: