Login to QuickBooks as administrator and open your company file. If the file is closed, you can receive this error.
In QuickBooks, ensure no windows asking for yes/no or OK are open.
Administrator Can Grant Permission
In your log, you will see this error message:
This application is not allowed to log into this QuickBooks company data file automatically. The QuickBooks administrator can grant permission for an automatic login through the Integrated Application preferences.
This means you paired our app and QuickBooks as a non-admin user. You must log in as admin and give it permissions. Here are the steps:
- Login to QuickBooks as Admin.
- Open the web connector.
- On the left, check the boxes for all the Connex connections. If you only have one connection, then check the box.
- Click update selected.
- QB will prompt you for permissions. Select the fourth radio button. If you see a drop-down, select Admin.
- Click OK.
If this fails, follow these steps:
- Login to QB as Admin.
- Go to edit and click preferences.
- Uncheck the box that prevents applications from accessing the current company file: