This article gives you step by step instructions for creating orders in QuickBooks and having them appear in Salesforce.
Can I sync orders from Salesforce to QB?
Our tool can sync orders from the Salesforce orders tab. If you need opportunities, please contact us. For more details, read this guide.
There is up to a five minute delay in syncing orders from QB to your ordering solution. Connex downloads the orders from company file, stores them, and processes them in a batch. To see progress, hover over the gear and click transaction log to see activity.
Custom Invoice Object
We recommend installing this package, which creates a custom object called invoice. When prompted, select install for all users. Connex will map the payment method and shipping details to Salesforce. Here is an example invoice:
Can I see a list of invoices for an account?
Here are the steps:
- In Salesforce, click account.
- On the right, click the arrow.
- Click edit layout:
- Click related lists.
- Drag and drop the invoice to the bottom of the form:
- On the top, click save.
If you look up the JMA Web Technologies account, you will see a list of invoices:
Connex for QuickBooks
You must set-up your Salesforce connection on the my connections page. Once complete, follow these steps:
- Go to the Connex my connections page.
- Click manage.
- Expand sync orders from QuickBooks.
- Select order and custom invoice under send orders to.
You must create an invoice or sales order in QB. It must have a class called Salesforce. Here are the steps:
Each order must have a class called Salesforce. To enable class tracking in QuickBooks, follow these steps:
- In QuickBooks, go to edit > preferences > accounting > use class tracking for transactions.
- Create a new invoice in QuickBooks and mark the class as Salesforce.
In QuickBooks, create a new invoice or sales order. Here is an example order.
You must run the web connector to send orders to Connex:
- In QB, go to File > Update Web Services.
- Next to Connex, check the box on the left.
- Click update selected.
If you have auto run enabled on the web connector, you could wait for it to run. Updating or creating an order in QuickBooks will cause the web connector to send the order to us for processing.
How do products match?
In this example, we will use Shopify. The Shopify SKU will match the QB item name, which matches the Salesforce product code. Please see this example.
How do accounts match?
We match the QB customer email and the account email field, which is a custom field Connex adds to Salesforce. If the email field is blank, Connex matches the QB customer name and Salesforce account fields.
Can I sync orders as opportunities?
By default, Connex syncs QB orders using our custom invoice object. To sync orders as opportunities, follow these steps:
- On the Connex configure page, click the QB export tab.
- Next to the send orders to box, select opportunity.
- Click submit.
Here are some examples: