This article gives you step by step instructions for creating orders in QuickBooks and having them appear in Salesforce.
Does your software add custom fields to Salesforce?
Install this package, that creates a custom object called invoice. The invoice object contains a list of fields from the QuickBooks transaction. When prompted, select install for all users. Here is a screenshot of the fields:
Can I see a list of invoices for an account?
Here are the steps:
- In Salesforce, switch to classic view.
- In Salesforce, click account.
- On the right, click the arrow.
- Click edit layout:
- Click related lists.
- Drag and drop the invoice to the bottom of the form:
- On the top, click save.
If you look up the JMA Web Technologies account, you will see a list of invoices:
Connex for QuickBooks
You must set-up your Salesforce connection on the my connections page. Once complete, follow these steps:
- Go to the Connex my connections page.
- Click manage.
- Expand sync orders from QuickBooks.
- Check the first box to enable the sync from QuickBooks to Salesforce.
You must create an invoice or sales order in QuickBooks. It must have a class called Salesforce. Here are the steps:
Each order must have a class called Salesforce. To enable class tracking in QuickBooks, follow these steps:
- In QuickBooks, go to edit > preferences > accounting > use class tracking for transactions.
- Create a new invoice in QuickBooks and mark the class as Salesforce.
In QuickBooks, create a new invoice or sales order. Here is an example order.
You must run the web connector to send orders to Connex:
- In QB, go to File > Update Web Services.
- Next to Connex, check the box on the left.
- Click update selected.
If you have auto run enabled on the web connector, you could wait for it to run. Updating or creating an order in QuickBooks will cause the web connector to send the order to us for processing.
How do products match?
Connex matches the QuickBooks item name to the Salesforce product code.
How do accounts match?
Our software matches the QuickBooks customer name to the Salesforce account name field.
Can I sync orders as opportunities?
By default, Connex syncs QB orders using our custom invoice object. To sync orders as opportunities, follow these steps:
- On the Connex configure page, expand sync orders from QuickBooks.
- Next to the send orders to box, select opportunity.
- Click submit.
Here are some examples: