Connex allows up to 1,000 tax rules to be uploaded into a single account. This is ideal if you charge tax in multiple states or if you charge a different rate per city.
Should I use a third party tax service?
Here are the steps:
- Login to connexforquickbooks.com.
- Click submit on the my connections page.
- On the left, click sales tax.
- Click the link for bulk importing rules.
- Download this sample spreadsheet.
- Upload the spreadsheet.
You will be redirected to the home page for tax rules.
Here is a breakdown of the fields:
- City matches the city for a tax code. You could say if the city was Boston, then map the Boston tax code. If blank, code is used throughout U.S. state.
- Region is the U.S. state where tax code is used. If sales tax is charged in Ohio and this field says OH, then the code is used. This must be only two letters long.
- Tax code is the code from QuickBooks.
- ISO is the two letter country code.