Connex pulls items by their modified date. Making a change to an item will cause it to sync with your website. You must update a product in QB, run the connector, view it in your queue, then run the task.
Does my store need any special settings before I begin?
For WooCommerce users, ensure that enable stock management at product level is turned on.
Should QB be my inventory master?
Yes, our tool syncs updates from QB to your website. If you enter stock on your website and you update an item in QB, our tool will overwrite the website amount; if the website says 5 and QB says -2, the website will say -2. Please ensure that QB has the correct quantity on hand, before syncing. In this screenshot, we sync the total quantity on hand to your website.
I made inventory updates a few days ago. Can I sync them without changing them again?
Yes, you can change your sync timers:
- Login to Connex.
- Click configure at my connections.
- On the configure page, click the inventory tab.
- Adjust the after date to last week:
I need to perform an initial sync of inventory from QB to my site. Can you help me?
Please contact us with your account info. Please specify the number of items in QuickBooks and your website.
What kind of changes can I make?
Here is a list:
- Perform an inventory adjustment.
- Create a sales receipt or invoice, which adjusts the stock level.
- Create a PO and a bill, which increases the stock.
- Open the item in QB. Make a change to it.
In this guide, we will just make a small change to an item.
SKU and Name Matching
Connex will match the product SKU and the QB name fields. If there is no match, then you must set-up a mapping. If you have parent child items in QuickBooks and your SKU contains a colon, you must add a rule to send the full name instead of the QB name. The install wizard will prompt you to map products between QB and your website. If you already selected full name, there is no need to add the rule.
Update QB Product
Here are the steps:
- In QB, go to lists > item list.
- Double click a product.
- Add the phrase test to the purchase description.
- Click OK.
- Go back to the product and remove test:
- Click OK.
- Run the web connector.
Connex will put the product in the queue:
- Login to Connex for QuickBooks.
- Select a connection at the my connections page.
- On the top menu, click account.
- Select pending inventory.
- You will see the item in the queue:
You can either wait 10 - 15 minutes or go to the Connex configure page and click save and sync. In Connex, hover over the gear and check the log in a few minutes and you will see some activity.