By default, customers can deposit all payments or sales receipts into undeposited funds. You can deposit some orders into a credit card asset account and PayPal orders into a PayPal account. When you create a rule, use "matches or contains phrase" because the payment method you're matching can be case insensitive.
What is a deposit account?
When orders reach QB, they appear in a staging area. Merchant providers, like Amazon and PayPal, deposit funds they receive on a daily or bi-weekly interval. When the funds appear in your bank account, you must match the bulk deposit to the staging area orders. By default, orders appear on the QuickBooks home screen under bank deposits. To change the deposit account, you may change your Connex settings or add a rule.
You should create a catch-all account and we recommend undeposited funds. Here are the steps:
- Log into Connexforquickbooks.com.
- Click Configure under an existing connection.
- Expand the New Order and Product Accounts tab.
- Choose an Order Deposit Account from the drop down menu.
- Click Sync Now.
Create Deposit Accounts
Here are the steps:
- In QuickBooks, go to lists > chart of accounts.
- On the bottom, click accounts > new.
- Select other account types > other current asset.
- Name the account.
- Click OK.
Split Deposit Rule
In this example, we will change the deposit account to PayPal. Here are the steps:
- Hover over the gear icon / Setting drown down menu and click Rules Engine.
- Select the Action drop down menu and click Add New Rule.
- In the action field, choose Map Sales Receipt or Sales Order Deposit Account to QuickBooks if you are creating sales receipts or sales orders. If you are creating invoices and payments, select Map Invoice Payment Deposit Account.
- Enter these values:
6. Click Submit Form.
To map multiple payment methods to a single deposit account, follow these steps:
In this example, we will map all payments made by Visa to a deposit account called "Credit Card Account".
- Create a new rule following the Split Deposit Rule example above, but change the Field Value to "Visa" and Map To is your QuickBooks deposit account.
- To add additional payment methods to this rule, such as "Mastercard", click the Map From link next to your rule name:
- Click the Action drop down menu and select Add Map From
- Enter the Field Name, Comparison is "matches", and enter the payment method "Mastercard" as the Field Value.
- When you click Submit Form, you'll see a grid similar to this one: