Easily summarize your daily sales into one summary Sales Order, Sales Receipt or Invoice with the Connex Summary Transaction feature.
This feature is available on the Pro, Super, and Ultra monthly and annual subscription plans.
What are the benefits?
Here are the benefits:
- Save space: Instead of several hundred, you have a handful of orders.
- Track inventory: Inventory will decrease. The COGS account for each item is debited and the inventory asset account is debited.
- Track Income: The sales account is credited and the undeposited funds is debited.
- You will get one sales receipt per day per sales channel. If you use ShipStation and you have three channels, then you would sync three sales receipts.
How do I download a day to summarize?
Here are the steps:
- On the configure page, select summary transaction from the transaction drop down.
- Scroll down to export settings.
- Choose a date range to summarize. We recommend a twenty-four hour period like 6/11/2016 to 6/11/2016 11:59 PM.
- By default, Connex syncs orders by their creation date. You can sync orders with a certain status, though you might have issues reconciling. Go to the order export to QB tab. In the order status field, enter some statuses.
- To run the sync automatically each morning, check the insert orders in bulk on the advanced tab. To run the sync manually, leave this field unchecked. We recommend checking the box, if you are a Bigcommerce customer.
- Click submit.
- If you checked insert orders in bulk, wait about 15 - 20 minutes.
- On the web connector, check the box to the left of Connex.
- Click update selected.
Does the process run automatically?
Here is how it works:
- Connex has a scheduled task, separate from your QB, that runs at 5 am EST.
- The task pulls down all orders by creation date from yesterday using MM/DD/YYYY 12:00 AM to MM/DD/YYYY 11:59 PM.
- Your web connector runs and pulls down these orders.
- Even if the web connector runs hourly, the queue is empty until 5 am EST the next day.
If you accidentally downloaded more than one day, you can clear the queue and start again. In this example, we will download June 16, 2016 again:
- Login to Connex.
- Choose your connection at the my connections page, if you have more than one. Otherwise, click submit.
- Hover over the gear and click reports.
- Click pending transactions.
- Click clear pending transactions.
- Repeat step two.
- On the configure page, scroll down to export settings.
- Change the export after date to 6/16/2016 12:00 AM and the before date to 6/16/2016 11:59 PM.
- Click submit.
- On the complete page, click view transactions on the pop up.
- Refresh the page every five minutes, until you see orders.
- In QB, run your web connector.
Do you support multiple currencies in the same selling channel?
Connex can group orders by their deposit account, which can change based on the order currency. Each currency needs its own deposit account. In this example, we will summarize four orders. Two of them belong to Amazon FBA, but they use Euros instead of Canadian Dollars. Here is the set-up:
You must create deposit account:
- In QB, go to lists and click chart of accounts.
- Click new.
- Select other account types.
- Select other current asset and choose the currency code. Name the account EUR Deposits.
- Hover over the gear and click rules engine.
- Add a rule to map deposit accounts for each currency. If you are creating a summary invoice, choose map deposit account to invoice. Here is an example rule.
- On the Connex configure page, choose store name currency as the customer mode. Connex will append the currency code to the selling channel name in QB.
- Change the sync dates under export settings to a one day range, like August 13th to August 13th 11:59 PM.
- Scroll to the bottom and choose a default deposit account for your home currency. In this case, we will use undeposited funds.
- Click submit.