Easily summarize your daily sales into one summary Sales Order, Sales Receipt or Invoice with the Connex Summary Transaction feature.
What are the benefits?
Here are the benefits:
- Save space: Instead of several hundred, you have a handful of orders.
- Track inventory: Inventory will decrease. The COGS account for each item is debited and the inventory asset account is debited.
- Track Income: The sales account is credited and the undeposited funds is debited.
- You will get one sales receipt per day per sales channel. If you use ShipStation and you have three channels, then you would sync three sales receipts.
How do I download a day to summarize?
Here are the steps:
- On the Connex configure page, expand the transaction section.
- Select any option containing summary.
- On top, expand sync orders to QuickBooks.
- Adjust the order date:
- Choose an order status and stores to sync. This is an optional step.
Does the process run automatically?
Each time you run your web connector, the download dates change the day after the order date. If today's date was October 5th and your summary date was October 1st, then the next day would be October 2nd. Keep running the web connector to pull down the sales.
Do you support multiple currencies in the same selling channel?
Connex can group orders by their deposit account, which can change based on the order currency. Each currency needs its own deposit account. In this example, we will summarize four orders. Two of them belong to Amazon FBA, but they use Euros instead of Canadian Dollars. Here is the set-up:
You must create deposit account:
- In QB, go to lists and click chart of accounts.
- Click new.
- Select other account types.
- Select other current asset and choose the currency code. Name the account EUR Deposits.
- Hover over the gear and click rules engine.
- Add a rule to map deposit accounts for each currency. If you are creating a summary invoice, choose map deposit account to invoice. Here is an example rule.
- On the Connex configure page, choose store name currency as the customer mode. Connex will append the currency code to the selling channel name in QB.
- Change the sync dates under export settings to a one day range, like August 13th to August 13th 11:59 PM.
- Scroll to the bottom and choose a default deposit account for your home currency. In this case, we will use undeposited funds.
- Click submit.