Many e-commerce solutions fail to respond in two minutes when syncing several orders. The Web Connector, the application that runs the sync in QuickBooks, expects a response within two minutes from our database. Connex has a special setting to queue up orders, which responds within the two-minute timeframe, called "Insert Orders in Bulk."
For these solutions, the setting is enabled by default:
Download Historical Orders
If you are catching up on missing or historical orders, consider writing a journal entry. For more info on best practices, see this knowledge base article.
Web Connector Error
When you run the web connector, it will say "authentication failed" if the database tool has been disabled. When you click the blue link, it will say the operation has timed out. Enabling the Insert orders in Bulk feature will remedy this error.
Enable Sync Orders from Connex Database
Here are the steps:
- Login to your Connex.
- At the My Connections page, select your connection and click Configure.
- Scroll down and click on the Advanced Transaction drop-down menu. Click "Insert Orders in Bulk":
- Click "Sync Now" to save.
To download orders, simply run a manual sync. In 15-30 minutes, you will see some activity in your pending transactions report.
To see pending transactions, follow these steps:
- Login to Connex for QuickBooks.
- At the My Connections page, select a connection and click Configure.
- On the right-hand side of the screen, click Settings.
- Click Reports.
- Click Pending Transactions.
Here is an example report:
Delete Pending Transactions
On the Pending Transactions report page, click the link to delete the pending orders. It's located above the pending transactions grid.
The amount of time to sync transactions depends on several factors:
- If you chose invoices and payments, the software will check for duplicate invoices and payments one by one. The software goes from Connex to QuickBooks for each invoice and payment. The operation takes about a second per order and payment to complete.
- The system matches the customer on each order to an order in QuickBooks.
If you had two hundred orders matching by LNFN with payments, there are six hundred requests. It would take approximately ten minutes to sync the orders.