This article describes how to set-up QuickBooks POS to work with Connex for QuickBooks. We support QB POS 10 and higher.
Here are the requirements:
- Your QuickBooks POS company file and QuickBooks POS must exist on the same machine. If you run the web connector and it flashes red, then you must install the connection on the server.
- If you have two company files on your machine or if you upgraded from one major version of QuickBooks POS to another, the integration will fail. Minor upgrades are acceptable. You need a fresh install of QuickBooks POS on a new machine. Under get connection string in this article, there is a screenshot of a single file. If more than one file appears, you must install QuickBooks POS on a new machine.
- DSL internet is incompatible. You must have a stable, cable internet connection.
- Web Connector version 126.96.36.199 must be installed.
- You must download and install QuickBooks POS 3 SDK Runtime.
Note: Prior to on-boarding, Web Connector version 188.8.131.52 and the QuickBooks POS 3 SDK Runtime file must be installed.
You must have the Intuit Web Connector. In your Windows start menu, go to File > QuickBooks. If the tool is missing, you can download it here. If your web connector says 2.2.071, you must uninstall it and install version 184.108.40.206 by reading this guide.
QuickBooks POS SDK Runtime
You must download the QuickBooks POS 3 SDK Runtime.
QuickBooks POS Multi-User Mode
Go to file > switch to multi-user mode. Otherwise, you will see a blank box when you're asked to pair the web connector.
QuickBooks POS Sales Tax
You must prepare QuickBooks POS to accept outbound connections and sales tax:
- In QuickBooks POS, go to File > Switch to Multi-User Mode.
- In QuickBooks POS, go to File > Preferences > Company > Sales Tax
- Add a location and click save:
Set Up Web Connector
The web connector pings our site, which pings your store. The web connector will receive a text file of order data and transfer it into QuickBooks. You must download a special file to pair QuickBooks POS and Connex for QuickBooks. The text file contains your store login details and the location of our website. Here are the steps:
- After adding your connection on the My Connections page, proceed to Step 1 of the Wizard: What version of QuickBooks do you use? Choose QuickBooks Point of Sale.
- On the web connector, enter your Connex for QuickBooks password in the password field.
- Select auto-run and change the interval to 60.
Get Connection String
- Select your company file from the server and copy the contents of the box:
- Click OK.
- The Connex for QuickBooks website has refreshed to the configure page.
- Enter your QuickBooks POS server, file name, and version:
- Click save and sync.
Here is a demo of the integration: QuickBooks POS