How do I configure refunds?
Out of box, Connex is preconfigured to sync refund receipts. To configure settings, click submit at my connections. On the All Setting Page, click the Refund tab. Here are the settings:
|Create Credit Memos in QuickBooks||Instead of refund receipts, Connex creates credit memos.|
|Create Original Order||If Connex has a cancelled order with no match, Connex will sync the original order and create a refund for it. You cannot cancel an order without a matching order.|
|Deposit Account||Each credit memo or refund receipt's amount is removed from an account. By default, this account is the same for orders and it is usually undeposited funds. Choose a different account under the '|
|Use Credit to Give Refund||In QuickBooks, open a credit memo. This button clicks the use credit memo to give refund in the credit memo. Connex will create a check for the customer.|
|Use Credit to Give Refund Bank Account||When Connex creates checks, this is the deposit account. It must be of type bank.|
How Does Connex Handle Refunds?
The system will make a refund receipt or a credit memo for invoices with payment.
- If you cancel or refund an order in your order management system, our product receives the order.
- Connex tries to match the order number to an existing order in QuickBooks.
- If Connex succeeds, then the refund is created. Otherwise, the system skips making the refund. If there is no matching order, there is nothing to cancel.
Customers as of 7/5/2016 have the option to sync the original order, if it is missing. See the settings above this paragraph.
A cancelled order negates an order in QB. If there is no matching order, there is no order to negate. Here is an example:
- On August 1, Joe Smith make order 123.
- On August 11, Joe Smith's order is fully refunded.
- You run the sync from August 11th to current day.
- Since our software only received a cancelled order and the order 123 never synced, our software skips to the next refund to process.
Number four makes logical sense. If you created a refund for a non-existent order, QuickBooks would say you owe the customer money.
Use Credit to Give Refund
Connex can create a check with the credit memo. Here are some examples:
How do I deposit refunds into a refunds account?
You can map all SKUs from a refunded order to a single item, which has a contra-income account. For instructions, read this guide.