Since QuickBooks cannot find or create an item in QuickBooks, importing the order will fail. Here is an example error message:
Error 3140 : While trying to Add a(n) Invoice with key value of IS-709, QB responded There is an invalid reference to QuickBooks Item "10w3v3-8" in the Invoice line. QuickBooks error message: Invalid argument. The specified record does not exist in the list.
QuickBooks cannot accept special characters, like trademark or copyright signs, when it makes new products. Make sure that each product in the order exists in QuickBooks. If it does not, Connex tried to make it and failed. Remove the special characters from anywhere in the product (either the Sku or the description) and resync the transaction.
Connex uses the accounts specified at the configure page to create new products. If these accounts have changed, creating items will fail.
If you have changed your chart of accounts in QuickBooks, you must update Connex for QuickBooks with the latest information.
- Login to Connex for QuickBooks
- Choose your connection and click configure
- On the left, click 'refresh Dropdowns'
- Follow the on screen instructions which will say to run your web connector
- When complete, come back in to Connex
- Your new accounts should appear on the dropdowns
- Repeat these steps for each connection.
- You can now run a Manual Sync for each connection to bring in missing orders