You can update order statuses in your website, if the invoice number from QuickBooks matches the order. You must create an invoice with a line item called tracking and enable the setting. This tool is ideal if you use QB to ship orders, instead of ShipStation or ShipWorks.
How do I ship orders from QB?
In QB, open an order. Click send/ship:
Here are a list of systems supporting the update tracking feature:
Here are the steps:
- In QuickBooks, go to edit > preferences > accounting.
- Under the company preferences tab, click use class tracking for transactions:
- In Connex for QuickBooks, go to the advanced tab.
- Under Update Orders in E-Commerce Settings, click update order tracking and status.
- In QuickBooks, create a new invoice.
- The class field must be the name of your solution. In this case, the name is Shopify.
- Create a line item that says tracking.
- In the description, enter the tracking number.
Here is an updated order in Shopify:
Here is an example invoice. Note the class should be nopCommerce if you're updating nopCommerce. If you want Shopify, enter Shopify.
What settings are available?
Here is a list of settings:
|Update Order Tracking and Status||Tells Connex to update orders with a tracking number and a status.|
|Export After||Exports orders from QB modified after this date.|
|Export Before||Exports orders from QB modified before this date.|
|Order Class to Sync||A class that must be assigned to the order, so it syncs. By default, it's the name of your solution.|
|Export Order Options||Choose the types of QB transactions, like invoices, that should modify the order status and tracking details. You can turn off the class functionality by selecting all invoices, but it is not recommended.|
|Order Status||The status that Connex will change in your online store.|
Make sure you select sales receipts and invoices. Connex only exports sales receipt data, if you ask it for sales receipts.
Here is a screenshot of the settings.
Does it work with Shopify?
Connex must locate Shopify orders using their order ID, instead of their order number. If you open an order in Shopify, you will see 10 digits at the end of the URL:
Connex will add these 10 digits to the QB other field. If you do not see it, open an order in QB. Go to formatting and select customize data layout. Next to the other field, click screen:
Connex adds a rule to map the other field. In Connex, hover over the gear box and click rules engine. You will see a rule saying Shopify ID. If it is missing, hover over the gear and click rules engine and add this rule.
Can I exclude orders without tracking numbers from syncing?
You can use our rules engine to exclude orders from exporting. In this example, we will exclude orders where the tracking number does not contain SS. You can also use the store number filter.
- Login to Connex.
- Click configure at my connections.
- On our configure page, click the QB export tab.
- Choose custom rule under export options.
- Click submit.
- Hover over the gear and click rules engine.
- Click add new rule.
Exclude Orders with no QB Tracking