This article gives you step by step instructions for creating orders in QuickBooks and having them appear in ShipStation.
There is up to a fifteen minute delay in syncing orders from QB to your ordering solution. Connex downloads the orders from your company file, stores them, and processes them in a batch. To process them ASAP, go back to the Connex my connections page. Expand the 'sync orders from QuickBooks manually' tab, and click 'sync now'. In QuickBooks, run your web connector.
To see a log of activity in Connex, on the top right, click Settings>transaction Log.
To see a live demo of the integration, go to our demos page.
Connex for QuickBooks
You must set-up your ShipStation connection on the my connections page. On the configure page, follow these steps:
- Expand the 'sync orders from QuickBooks manually' tab
- Check the box for 'sync orders from QuickBooks'
- Place a check mark next to the boxes that apply to your sync: Update orders in ShipStation, Update Invoice in QuickBooks with Shipping and Tracking info after the package has shipped, Sync QuickBooks custom Fields with ShipStation.
- Leave Date fields at Install date to tomorrow's date
- Choose from the pull down list, which store you want Connex to send orders to
- Choose "ShipStation" from the 'order class to sync' field
- Under 'How Connex Should filter Order', choose the action that is right for your sync
- Click Sync Now
To see this image full page, click here: Sync to QuickBooks Manually Tab
You must create an invoice or sales order in QB. It must have a class called ShipStation. Here are the steps:
Each order must have a class called ShipStation. To enable class tracking in QuickBooks, follow these steps:
- In QuickBooks, go to edit > preferences > accounting > use class tracking for transactions.
- Create a new invoice or sales order in QuickBooks and mark the class as ShipStation.
In QuickBooks, create a new invoice or sales order. Here is an example order.
You must run the web connector to send orders to Connex:
- In QB, go to File > Update Web Services.
- Next to Connex, check the box on the left.
- Click update selected.
If you have auto run enabled on the web connector, you could wait for it to run. Updating or creating an order in QuickBooks will cause the web connector to send the order to us for processing.
Change Order Status
When Connex inserts orders, we insert them with the awaiting shipment status. To change the order status, follow these steps:
- In Connex, top right, click on Settings> Rules Engine.
- Click the link to turn on the advanced rules engine.
- There will be two parts. For form 1, enter these values. For form 2, enter these values.
Sync to Store Name
By default, Connex will sync all orders to a ShipStation store called manual orders. To change the store name, follow these steps:
- login to in Connex, click configure at your connection.
- Expand the 'sync orders from QuickBooks Manually' tab
- Click in the field below 'store to send orders' and choose your store.
Important: If you have multiple connections at the my connections page, follow these steps for each connection.
Why are the same orders being transferred several times?
If you check update orders on the 'sync orders from QB manually', then Connex will attempt to sync the same order twice:
- Connex searches QB for orders recently modified where the class is ShipStation.
- Connex syncs the orders to ShipStation.
- ShipStation modifies the order in QB by adding shipping details.
- Connex searches QB and finds the recently modified order and attempts to sync it to ShipStation.
- ShipStation says the order shipped and the cycle stops.
You can turn the button off. You only need it on, if you update orders in QB prior to them being shipped.