This article gives you step by step instructions for creating orders in QuickBooks and having them appear in ShipStation.
There is up to a fifteen minute delay in syncing orders from QB to your ordering solution. Connex downloads the orders from your company file, stores them, and processes them in a batch. To process them ASAP, go back to the Connex my connections page. Expand the 'sync orders from QuickBooks manually' tab, and click 'sync now'. In QuickBooks, run your web connector.
To see a log of activity in Connex, on the top right, click Settings>transaction Log.
To see a live demo of the integration, go to our demos page.
Connex for QuickBooks
You must set-up your ShipStation connection on the my connections page. On the configure page, follow these steps:
- Expand the 'sync orders from QuickBooks manually' tab
- Check the box for 'sync orders from QuickBooks'
- Place a check mark next to the boxes that apply to your sync: Update orders in ShipStation, Update Invoice in QuickBooks with Shipping and Tracking info after the package has shipped, Sync QuickBooks custom Fields with ShipStation.
- Leave Date fields at Install date to tomorrow's date
- Choose from the pull down list, which store you want Connex to send orders to
- Choose "ShipStation" from the 'order class to sync' field
- Under 'How Connex Should filter Order', choose the action that is right for your sync
- Click Sync Now
To see this image full page, click here: Sync to QuickBooks Manually Tab
You must create an invoice or sales order in QB. It must have a class called ShipStation. Here are the steps:
Each order must have a class called ShipStation. To enable class tracking in QuickBooks, follow these steps:
- In QuickBooks, go to edit > preferences > accounting > use class tracking for transactions.
- Create a new invoice or sales order in QuickBooks and mark the class as ShipStation.
In QuickBooks, create a new invoice or sales order. Here is an example order.
You must run the web connector to send orders to Connex:
- In QB, go to File > Update Web Services.
- Next to Connex, check the box on the left.
- Click update selected.
If you have auto run enabled on the web connector, you could wait for it to run. Updating or creating an order in QuickBooks will cause the web connector to send the order to us for processing.
Change Order Status
When Connex inserts orders, we insert them with the awaiting shipment status. To change the order status, follow these steps:
- Go to the Cloud Cart rules engine.
- Click action and add new rule.
- Add this rule.
Can I sync partial quantities to ShipStation?
All quantities must be integers. In ShipStation, you can make a correction:
- Open the sale.
- Clicking edit next to order details
- Click quantity
- Entering the right number.
How do I map the store name from ShipStation to an order syncing from QuickBooks?
By default, sales from QuickBooks will sync with the ShipStation manual orders store. There are two ways to change the mapping:
Change for all sales
- Login to Connex.
- Click configure.
- Expand sync orders from QuickBooks.
- Change the store drop down.
Change for specific sales
- Go to the Connex rules engine.
- Click action and add new rule.
- In this example, if the company is Target then the store name is Target store.
How do I populate the shipping service in ShipStation?
In each ShipStation order, there is a field called service on the right. Here is a screenshot:
To send the service, add a line item and match the QuickBooks name with one of these methods:
- USPS Priority Mail
- USPS First Class Mail
- USPS Priority Mail Express
- FedEx Priority Overnight
- FedEx 2 Day
- FedEx Ground
- UPS Ground
- UPS Second Day Air
- UPS Next Day Air
- UPS Next Day Air Saver
- UPS Three Day Select
How do I add a bill to account?
By default, ShipStation will bill shipping to your account. To bill shipping to a third party, you must tell Connex the account number to bill. On your QuickBooks order, enter the shipping method. Connex will map the bill to account, carrier, and shipping code: