Connex for QuickBooks is compatible with Magento 1, Magento 2, Magento Community, Magento Enterprise.
What are the prerequisites?
Please ask your web hosting company to allow XML-RPC.NET requests. Here is a sample request to ensure our software can pair. Please note the user agent header:
Connex for QuickBooks communciates to Magento through a XML-RPC web service and there are no files to install. Our solution works with Magento 1.5 and higher with Magento Community and Enterprise. It works with all versions of Magento GO.
Once you have met system requirements, you must add a web service user name and password in Magento. This special login is different than your website admin user name and password. To set up the web service login, follow these steps:
- Login to the admin: /index.php/admin
- Go to System > Web Services > SOAP/XML-RPC Roles (might say just Roles)
- Add a role called WS2
- Click role resources and select all as resource access:
- Go to System > Web Services > SOAP/XML-RPC Users (might say just Users)
- Click add new user
- Complete the form:
- Save the user
- On the left, click on user roles
- Add the user to the WS2 role.
- Click save user
Visit Connex for QuickBooks and sign in. On the my connections page, choose Magento. Your user name comes from the user name field, which in this case is Joe. Your API key is your password.
This can be a different format per user. Here are some acceptable formats:
If you have login issues, try using one of the URLs above. When you visit your site, make sure there is no redirect. If you use www in the URL, it cannot redirect to mysite.com.
- Any custom discounts should be mapped to the Magento OrderInfo discount_amount field. Our software will aggregate all discounts into a single line called order discount.
- Custom line items should be added to the OrderInfo items object. They should appear as if the customer added them to the shopping cart. Look at an order item on an existing sale to see how fields map.
- Any custom fees can be added to the OrderInfo fee_amount field. These fees will appear as a separate line item as a positive amount. If you want the product name and a description, map them to the items list.
- Any notes should be mapped to the OrderInfo comments field. Our software maps the comments to the QuickBooks memo field.
- If you need to map sales reps, map the sales rep to the OrderInfo sales_rep field.
- Reward points should be mapped to the OrderInfo rewardpoints_base_discount field. If the discount is already included in the discount_amount field, then ignore this step.
How do I test these fields?
In this example, the user wants to map a custom field called customer_note to the QuickBooks memo field. Our tool calls this field note. Here are the steps:
- Using Restlet client, you can perform the calls to pull the order info object.
- Map customer note to comments in Magento.
- Login to Connex.
- Click configure.
- Click order previewer on the left.
- Enter the order number to search.
- Click the fields column.
- Look at the note field.
Can I use the Magento invoice order number and date, instead of the Magento order number and date?
To map these fields, here are the steps:
- Login to our software.
- At the my connections page, click configure.
- Expand sync manually to QuickBooks.
- In the order status field, select invoiced.
- Click sync now.