You can sync inventory updates from QuickBooks to your website. To see if your site is compatible, go to the Sync Inventory from QuickBooks Manually tab on the All Settings page.
Although Connex can handle syncing several hundred items, we recommend exporting a spreadsheet for an initial product sync if you have several thousand items to sync at once. To export a list of items, follow these steps:
- In QuickBooks, go to Lists > Item List.
- On the bottom, click excel > export all items.
- On the dialog box, click export.
- Contact your e-commerce solution provider about importing a spreadsheet of products.
SKU and Name Matching
Connex will match the product SKU and the QuickBooks name fields. If there is no match, then you must set-up a mapping. If your product names in QuickBooks contain a colon, add a rule to map the full name, like Tools:Hammer, to QuickBooks as described in the guide.
Does my store need any special settings before I begin?
For WooCommerce users, ensure that enable stock management at product level is turned on.
Testing Inventory Updates
These instructions guide you through setting up the sync and a general overview of how the sync works. For testing individual products, read this guide.
The sync happens in the background. QuickBooks will send Connex a list of updated inventory items and Connex holds them in a queue. Every fifteen minutes, the queue is processed and cleared.
Locate a Product SKU and QuickBooks Item Name Match
Connex will match updated items in QuickBooks with product SKUs in your order management solution. You want to find a one to one match in QuickBooks and your ordering solution. Here is a product SKU in an e-commerce system:
Here is a matching item in QuickBooks:
There are many ways to update items in QuickBooks.
Update Item Attributes
Connex for QuickBooks queries modified items from QuickBooks. You can modify an item in many ways:
Change any field on the item screen, like the notes or income account.
- In QuickBooks, click lists > item list.
- Double click an inventory item:
- Change the purchase description field by adding test.
- Click OK:
Update the quantity on hand through a bill / payment and receive inventory
You can adjust the item's quantity on hand:
- On the QuickBooks home screen, click receive inventory without bill.
- Complete the form
- Go to your item list and verify that the quantity on hand has changed.
Create an Invoice or Sales Receipt in QuickBooks
In the customer center, select a customer. Click new transaction and create an order for the inventory part.
Here are the steps:
- Login to connexforquickbooks.com
- On the my connections page, click Configure.
- On the All Settings page, click the Sync Inventory from QuickBooks Manually:
- Click the box to Sync inventory updates from QuickBooks.
- To subtract the quantity on order from the quantity to send, check subtract quantity available box.
- Optionally, you can change the inventory sync dates. If you want to sync all inventory updates from a week ago, change the after date to one week ago.
Connex will log inventory updates from QuickBooks and will display them in the pending inventory transaction log. To view the pending inventory log select Reports from the Settings drop-down menu:
Select the Pending Inventory report:
You will see inventory waiting to sync: