QuickBooks allows you to have multiple orders with the same number. It is possible if you have a number overlap you could get this error:
Invoice XX has a $0 balance. System will skip payment.
Invoice XX could already exist under another customer.
In QuickBooks, Find the other order and change its number.
To prevent this from happening going forward, Connex can add an order prefix to your orders, so there is no number overlap.
Here are the steps to find orders:
- Open QuickBooks.
- In the top menu, click customers > customer center.
- On the left, click the transaction tab.
- Click your transaction type, like invoices:
- Click the number column to sort them by number.
- Search for your order number.
To add SS- before each order, here are the steps:
- Login to connexforquickbooks.com
- Click Configure at your connection.
- Expand the 'Sync Manually to QuickBooks' Tab
- Enter SS- in the order prefix field.
- Click save and sync.