Connex for QuickBooks is compatible with Shopify and Shopify POS. Our integration can add multiple payments for the same order, and export orders by their date or order ID.
To set up the integration, follow these steps:
- Create an account at Connex for QuickBooks.
- On the my connections page > add new connection, choose Shopify from the drop down.
- In the text box that says Connection Website URL, change "STORE_NAME" to your store name:
- Click the blue configure button.
- On the next pop up window, click continue to login to Shopify.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
- You will return to our site and reach the configure wizard. Follow the wizard questions to configure your connection.
Can I add credit card fees per order?
Yes, you can add the fees. Go to the advanced tab of the Connex configure page. Scroll down to fee settings. For more details, please read this article.
Exporting Orders by Order ID
By default, our system exports orders by their date. If you need to export certain orders, follow these steps:
- In your Shopify online store, click orders.
- Click on an order.
- In the URL, remove everything before the last backslash and keep the numbers. 425050024 is the order Id in https://jmatestshop.myshopify.com/admin/orders/425050024.
- On the Connex for QuickBooks configure page, sync order manually to QuickBooks.
- In the order list field, enter the order id:
If you have more than one order, enter a comma separated list.
Can I create one order that summarizes each day's sales?
If you want a 24 hr. range of Shopify orders and you timezone is EST, then the summary order must run 9/15/2017 4:00 AM to 9/16/2017 3:59 AM. You must push the hours ahead by four, the difference between EST and UTC time.
If you turn on insert orders in bulk, then the tool will update the timers automatically. You can run the sync at 9 am EST each morning. You can verify the data by logging into Connex, clicking configure and going to our order previewer. Enter the 4 am to 3:59 AM times.
If you select invoices payments if paid from the transaction tab, Connex for QuickBooks will create payments for each payment on an order. Shopify supports split payments, so an order can have a $40 cash and a $60 credit card payment to complete a $100 order. In this example, you will get an invoice only:
Here is a paid order:
Can I map customer or order tags as classes in QuickBooks?
Shopify assigns tag to customers and orders. The order tag is located in the Shopify admin, beneath the address. For customers, the tags section is located under customers. Select a customer and add tags on the bottom right. You can create a rule in Connex to map a tag to a class. You could say if the order contains the tag reviewed, map it to review in QuickBooks. Here are some examples:
My order uses custom products. Can you map SKUs?
In this example, the customer added custom order items and there are no SKUs. Here is how the order appears in Shopify:
In this case, our integration receives no SKUs. You may use our rules engine to map SKUs:
- Go to the Connex rules engine.
- Click action and import.
- On this spreadsheet, enter the product title in the map from field. In the map to field, enter the QuickBooks item name.
- On the Connex site, upload the sheet.
Syncing Refunds or Canceled orders when Not tracking inventory in Shopify
Connex will sync a canceled or refunded order from Shopify into QuickBooks. When the credit memo or refund receipt is created in QuickBooks Connex will automatically add a line item called "ShopifyNoRestock" and create this product in QuickBooks. This line item is only created when you do not track inventory items in Shopify.
If you perform a refund and your items do not track stock, our tool will add this item.
If you want to always add the SKUs from refunds, you can enable the setting in Connex:
- On the Connex configure page, expand refund.
- Enable always add SKUs.
How does gift card syncing work?
If the user purchases a gift card, then our software syncs a non-inventory part called gift_card to QuickBooks. You can change the income account for the product, after the sync, or create gift_card as a non-inventory part prior to syncing.
If a user pays with the gift card, then Connex will create a payment whose method is gift_card. Using the Connex rules engine, you can set up a rule to map the method to an asset account:
- Go to the Connex rules engine.
- Add this rule. Replace gift card account with the account in QuickBooks.
Your Accountant can perform a journal entry to move the funds to a liability account.
If the user pays with gift card and you sync sales receipts, the gift card will sync as gift_card with a negative value.
How do I change the Shopify location where Connex sends inventory?
Shopify supports multi location inventory. Our software sends the Shopify product, its new stock level, and the Shopify location where inventory is located. By default, our software uses the default Shopify location for your store. If you have a fulfillment location, you must override the logic. Otherwise, you will receive this error:
An item cannot be active at more than one location if one of them is a fulfillment service location.
To change the location, follow these steps: