If you are matching customers by name, you can have two customers with the same first and last name. QuickBooks only allows Connex to match customers by name. Connex can match the name and then the email.
How do I enable the setting?
- Login to Connex.
- Select your connection and click configure.
- Expand the customer section.
- Check match customer name and email.
How does it work?
In our QuickBooks, there are two records that say John Smith:
Here is an overview:
- Connex asks QuickBooks if any customer names match John Smith.
- Connex returns two records.
- Connex enumerates through the two records and finds the customer whose email matches QuickBooks:
- Connex associates the order.
If no customer with the email exists, what will happen?
The QuickBooks customer name field is unique. If Connex finds no match between the customer name and email, then Connex will add the order to a default customer called web store:
From there, you can click the customer drop down on the order and change the customer record:
The order details and address will remain intact, even though the order exists under another customer.