This article gives you step by step instructions for creating orders in QuickBooks and having them appear in Infusionsoft.
We recommend exporting transactions and customers into a spreadsheet, then contacting Infusionsoft about an initial upload. Our tool is meant to export orders form current time into the future. For detailed instructions on an initial export, see this article.
Can I add payments to existing invoices in Infusionsoft?
Yes, but the invoice must contain the original number from QuickBooks. Infusionsoft's order id and invoice id fields are read only. In the Infusionsoft order title field, enter the QB invoice number.
Here is an invoice number from Infusionsoft:
Connex for QuickBooks
You must set-up your InfusionSoft connection on the my connections page. On the configure page, follow these steps:
- On the QB export tab, check the box for sync orders from QuickBooks.
- If you want update orders in QB and update the order in InfusionSoft, click update orders. If you want to update orders, go to the transaction tab of Connex. If you want to update invoices in QB, select invoices as the transaction mode. Otherwise, select sales orders.
- Click save and sync.
You must create an invoice or sales order in QB. It must have a class called InfusionSoft. Here are the steps:
Each order must have a class called Infusionsoft. To enable class tracking in QuickBooks, follow these steps:
- In QuickBooks, go to edit > preferences > accounting > use class tracking for transactions.
- Create a new invoice in QuickBooks and mark the class as Infusionsoft:
In QuickBooks, create a new invoice or sales order. Here is an example order.
You must run the web connector to send orders to Connex:
- In QB, go to File > Update Web Services.
- Next to Connex, check the box on the left.
- Click update selected.
If you have auto run enabled on the web connector, you could wait for it to run. Updating or creating an order in QuickBooks will cause the web connector to send the order to us for processing.
You can start a campaign by adding a tag to all new customers coming from Infusionsoft. In this example, we will add QuickBooks as the tag. Here are the steps:
- In Connex, hover over the gear and click rules engine.
- Click turn on advanced rules engine.
- Click add new rule.
- Enter these values for form 1.
- Enter these values for form 2.
- Click my connections > submit.
- Under the QB Export tab, check off update existing customers. This will apply a tag called QuickBooks to any customer that Connex finds that associated with an order.