In QuickBooks Pro and Premier, updating an item's quantity on hand will update the item's modified date field. As a result, these items can be pulled from QuickBooks and sent to your online store for inventory updates.
With QuickBooks Enterprise, quantity on hand adjustments fail to change the time modified field. As a result, you must update the items themselves.
Updating Items in Bulk
To update items in bulk, follow these steps:
- In QuickBooks, go to lists > item list
- On the bottom, click excel > paste from Excel
- Click customize columns and add the purchase description field:
- From the dropdown, choose inventory.
- Change the purchase description by adding a few letters.
- Click save changes.
Here is an image of changing the items.