Connex for QuickBooks can add tax as a line item or add tax using a tax code. Connex supports QuickBooks Canada and the UK. You must add tax codes for each region or country where you charge tax.
Enable Sales Tax
You must enable sales tax in QuickBooks, even if your company charges no tax.
- In QuickBooks, go to edit > preferences.
- Click Sales Tax.
- Click yes to 'Do you charge sales tax?'.
- Add a default tax agency:
- When asked to make items and customers taxable, click OK.
Can I override the default sales tax code of non or tax?
Yes, you can create rules to compare tax and apply a tax code. You may also use the tax code from QuickBooks. For more details, read this article.
Can I match tax codes by city, county, or state to QuickBooks?
Connex for QuickBooks can map QuickBooks tax codes to orders. To map tax by city or county, click the link above the map sales tax form. To upload a spreadsheet of tax codes, click the link above the grid on the sales tax page.
To map a single code for an entire state, follow these steps:
- On the All Settings Page in Connex, open the Sales Tax menu.
- Uncheck 'Add tax as a line item' and select 'Map QuickBooks tax codes'
- Click save and sync.
- Select Map Tax Codes link from the pop-up window.
- Select 'Add New Tax Code' from the Action drop-down menu
6. Complete the form:
Does Connex support sales tax groups?
Yes, when you set-up our software click sales tax on the left-hand side of the All Settings page in Connex. Click the Action drop-down menu and 'Add new tax code'. You will see the grouped codes available. In this example, we will match all orders shipping to Los Angeles to a grouped code. For information on how to create a group tax code in QuickBooks please see this article:
Here is the grouped code in QuickBooks: