You must set-up ShipWorks to send copies of the order to Connex for QuickBooks. Our software will hold these orders in our database and send them to QB.
To see an online demo, watch this video.
How It Works
- ShipWorks sends Connex for QuickBooks a text file for each order. ShipWorks sends data if the order is shipped or selected manually to send.
- These orders are stored in our database for fifteen to sixty minutes.
- Our system processes these orders and clears the database, after its done.
Do I need a Connex account?
You must set-up an account with Connex.
- Create an account on Connex for QuickBooks.
- On the my connections page, choose ShipWorks.
- Click submit.
- Pair QuickBooks.
- On the configure page, complete the settings and click save and sync.
Once these steps are complete, it's time to set-up ShipWorks.
How do I manually sync selected ShipWorks orders?
You must tell ShipWorks to send Connex for QuickBooks order data:
- In ShipWorks, go to manage and click action.
- Click new action.
- Under add task, select send web request.
- Under request URL, enter this value: https://www.connexforquickbooks.com/shipworks/index?id=CONNEX_FOR_QUICKBOOKS_EMAIL and replace CONNEX_FOR_QUICKBOOKS_EMAIL with the email of your Connex for QuickBooks account.
- Make your screen look like this image:
Once this action is set-up, it's time to send Connex some orders:
- Press and hold shift plus left click to select orders in ShipWorks.
- Click the QuickBooks button that you previously set-up:
How do I send orders from a filter?
Instead of sending all shipped orders, you can send orders from a filter. ShipWorks allows you to create filters where you can specify which orders reach it. Enter the custom shipped action under send shipped orders. In this example, we will export shipped Bigcommerce orders only.
Can I sync two ShipWorks accounts to QuickBooks?
There are two ways:
- Create two separate user names on Connex (firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com)
- When you set-up the custom action, append &website=[WEBSITE] at the end.
Here is their custom action URL:
Replace firstname.lastname@example.org with the Connex user name.