Connex for QuickBooks can sync orders from ShipStation to QuickBooks and vice versa. This article guides you through the set-up.
Connect to ShipStation
You must obtain an API key and API secret from ShipStation. Here are the steps:
- Log into ShipStation.
- On the top right, click the gear and API Settings on the left gray bar.
- If you don't see the keys, click regenerate API Keys:
- Login to connexforquickbooks.com with your Connex account.
- On the my connections page, choose ShipStation.
- Enter your API key and API secret.
- Leave the URL as http://www.shipstation.com.
- Click submit.
How do I export shipped orders only?
By default, Connex will sync orders as soon as they are created in ShipStation. If you want Connex to insert the tracking number and date onto orders, you need to export shipped orders. Here are the steps:
- On the Connex configure page, click the Sync Manually to QuickBooks tab.
- In the order status field, enter shipped.
- Click save and sync.
Send Orders from ShipStation to QuickBooks
This is the default behavior of our solution. On the configure page, scroll down and complete the settings. Under task settings, you'll see orders to QuickBooks is checked. Click save and sync.
Does your solution support split orders?
- Login to Connex.
- Click configure.
- Expand sync manually to QuickBooks.
- In the order status field, enter manual_shipment:
- To sync sales that are shipped using ShipStation, enter shipped. This is optional.
- Click sync now.
- Run your web connector.
Connex uses the date created in ShipStation. If you imported an August order on September 15th, then you would query the order using Sept. 15th. ShipStation uses Pacific Standard Time. If you want an order on September 15th at 3:00 PM EST, query 12:00 PM.
Can I create a summary of orders?
Yes, our tool supports a summary of orders. You can summarize orders by their creation date in ShipStation or their ship date. To summarize orders by ship date, login to Connex and follow these steps:
- At the configure page, expand the first tab.
- Enter shipped as the order status.
- Use 12 AM to 11:59 to summarize shipped orders for the day.
- Expand advanced transaction.
- Check off insert orders in bulk.
- Wait a few minutes.
- Run your QuickBooks web connector.
After 8 am each day, run your web connector to retrieve yesterday's orders.
Can I summarize Amazon FBA orders?
You can summarize all sales by their date created in ShipStation, but not when they ship. Only orders shipped from ShipStation will appear in a summary. We recommend using our Amazon settlement report summary, which receives all orders from all channels.
How does Connex determine whether an order is paid?
ShipStation has an amount paid field. If it's greater than zero or the order has shipped, then the order is paid. To mark shipped orders where paid is zero as unpaid, follow these steps:
- Login to Connex.
- Hover over the gear box.
- Click rules engine.
- Click add new rule.
- Add this rule.
Here is a demo of a two way sync of QuickBooks and ShipStation: