Windows can lock your company file, if you log off without shutting down QuickBooks. When another user runs the web connector, they will get this error:
Update Aborted. Company file is locked by another client DJMT-HP
Windows usually releases the lock after half an hour, but you might have to follow additional steps.
How can I resolve this issue?
First, find the DJMT-HP machine. For instructions on finding the name, read these instructions. Login to the DJMT-HP machine. Open QuickBooks in multi-user mode and try again. This error can occur if the file was locked on machine DJMT-HP and you are using ABC-HP. If your QuickBooks is hosted, like RightNetworks, contact RightNetworks.
The web connector is an Intuit product, so contacting them or your IT dept. is best. Here are the QuickBooks support details:
1. In your browser, navigate to: https://help.quickbooks.intuit.com/contact.
2. Choose your QuickBooks Product.
3. Select your QuickBooks version.
4. In the Contact Us page, click on your issue/topic.
5. Click the Get Phone Number button to see the support number.