Connex will create new products, if they are missing from QuickBooks. Alternatively, with the Product Mapping Tool, users can map products from the supported platform to a corresponding, global, or even a different (related) product in QuickBooks. Connex will not sync the order and flag it as an error in the Transaction log. When this happens, you will be given the opportunity to map the product to the correct item in QuickBooks and then sync the order. For more information, please click here.
- Note on the above video: As of June 2017, the Connex User Interface has changed, but the tool and it's functionality remains the same. Under our new UI, the steps to 'Flag the Order as Error and Map' can be found by logging in to Connex, click configure at the My Connections page, and expand the "Missing Products" drop-down.
How do I use this tool?
1. Sync some orders to QuickBooks in which the products are missing or do not exists in the QuickBooks Item List. In Connex, on the left-hand side, click Missing Product Mapping. You will see a table of flagged orders and missing products to map:
2. Click Edit. [Note: You will need to upload a list of items from QuickBooks if its your first time using this tool. See Steps below.]
3. Use the auto-complete tool and start to type the product to match.
4. Choose the Item Name/Number SKU to match.
5. When finished, click Create Mappings and Re-sync orders to save.
6. Run the Web Connector in QuickBooks to sync the flagged orders.
Check the Transaction Log for details.
Steps to upload your QuickBooks item list:
Export QB Item List
Connex has an autocomplete box that will find the item in QB, when you type part of it's name. Although using this feature is optional, it is recommended. To set it up, here are the steps:
- Above the grid, click the link to upload products. A new tab will open in your browser.
- In QB, go to lists and click item list.
- Click excel on the bottom.
- Export all of the items.
- Open the spreadsheet.
- Go to file and click save as.
- Select CSV.
- Upload the sheet to Connex.
- Close the browser tab.
- Edit a row.
- Enter part of your product:
After I map the products, what happens?
Until you click re-sync, Connex will save no mappings. Once you are done, click re-sync. Connex will create rules, which map SKU's and QuickBooks items. To see rules, hover over the gear icon and click Rules Engine (Settings > Rules Engine).
Connex will queue the missing orders. If you return to the settings page, expand the transactions tab, you will see a comma separated list in the order list field. Run the Web Connector in QuickBooks (File > Update Web Services).