In this example, we will create a custom field on the QuickBooks product level called total rounds. Our ordering solution sends the custom field with its line items. In QuickBooks, the line item will have total rounds populated. Please contact us about mapping custom fields to line items.
How do I add custom fields for line items in QuickBooks?
Here are the steps:
- Log into QuickBooks.
- Go to lists and click item list.
- Double click an item.
- Click custom fields.
- Add a field called total round.
- If your ordering solution sends no value and you enter a default one in the item list, then QuickBooks will always display it.
How do I map the custom field from my ordering solution to QuickBooks?
In this example, our ordering solution's custom field name is rounds. Here are the steps:
- Login to Connex and go to the rules engine.
- Click action and click advanced.
- Under action, click add new rule.
- Enter these values for form 1.
- Enter these values for form 2.
How do I display the field in QuickBooks?
We will use a sales receipt in this example, but invoices and sales orders will work. Here are the steps:
- Open a sales receipt in QuickBooks.
- Click the formatting tab.
- Click customize data layout.
- Click columns.
- Check total rounds.
What does 'The specified custom field cannot be used by the list or transaction element' mean?
Your custom field exists on line items, instead of the order level. Fields on the order are order number and order date. Field on the order item are item name and item description.