By default, Connex syncs inventory updates from date of install forwards. For paying subscribers, we can sync all items from QuickBooks to your website. Please email us with your Connex user name and website URL.
How often should the web connector run?
We recommend setting your web connector interval to sixty minutes. This gives Connex ample time to complete the sync. If Connex runs your sync in parallel with another sync, it could fail. The solutions we integrate have a thorttling policy, which prevents us from syncing too many items at once. Syncing in parallel could cause our throttling logic to fail.
How does it work?
Here is a detailed explanation:
- Prior to the sync, login to Connex and visit the task page. Ensure your inventory task is running. You will see a checkbox in the active field next to your website.
- A JMA representative will sync all items from QuickBooks to Connex. These items are held in a queue. We collect the QuickBooks item name, price, and stock quantity.
- When you run your web connector, Connex syncs eight hundred products at a time to your website.
- Connex logs successful syncs and error messages in its error log.
- Connex repeats steps two and three, until the queue is clear.
How do I access the queue?
Here are the steps:
- Login to Connex.
- At the my connections page, choose your connection.
- Click configure.
- Click here to visit the queue.
If I added rules to map SKUs differently, does the queue show the new SKUs?
Yes, the queue will show you the SKU before and after your rules have run.
What is the maximum number of items you can sync?
Since our tool sends items one by item on a scheduled basis, we recommend no more than 5,000. If you have over 10,000, contact your e-commerce solution provider.