What transaction modes do you support and what is the difference between them?
Here are the modes:
- Invoices with Payments: Orders are unpaid, if communicated by your ordering system. If the order is paid by PO, you will get an unpaid invoice. This is ideal if you are paid at a later date for your orders.
- Sales Orders: Orders for drop shipment that change no inventory. These are ideal if you are a drop shipper.
- Sales Receipts: These are fully paid orders. It's the equivalent of buying groceries from a grocery store and receiving a receipt.
Can I sync a sales receipt and an invoice for paid an unpaid orders?
Yes, you must set-up two separate accounts and choose an order status for each one. For instructions, read this guide.
Can I sync a sales order and invoice at the same time?
Yes, select sales orders and invoices from the transaction type drop down. Both the sales order and invoice will have the same number. If you check use QB numbering, Connex will use the next number from QB instead of the order number.
Can I sync a sales order, invoice, and a PO at the same time?
Many ordering solutions only send orders. If your products have a default vendor and purchase cost, Connex can use those values to create a PO for each order. If the order has more than one product and each product has a separate vendor, Connex will create two separate purchase orders.
If your ordering solution is on this list, then do not select this option:
- SKU Vault
These solutions create purchase orders and our tool can sync directly from them.
Here are the steps to set it up:
- Select your connection at the my connections page.
- On the configure page, change the transaction drop down. Choose sales orders, invoices, and purchase orders:
- Scroll down and click submit.
Ensure that your items have a default vendor and a purchase cost. Here is an example: