Connex allows you to use QB as a product catalog. You can make pricing and inventory updates in Amazon from your QB item list. You must set up Connex, map the ASIN, update items in QB, and verify that the updates were successful.
What happens if I sell on FBA?
Connex will log that the item is FBA and skip changing stock.
You must accomplish these tasks:
- Turn on the inventory sync from QB to Connex, so Connex can sync inventory to Amazon.
- If you want to update multiple listings from one QB item, map the SKUs.
- Watch your pending inventory and transaction logs.
- Login to Amazon and confirm the updates.
Set Up Connex
Here are the steps:
- On the my connections page of Connex, add your Amazon connection.
- On the configure page, click the inventory tab.
- Check the box to enable the inventory sync:
- Optionally, you can tell Connex to send a max inventory for items. If you want customers to believe an item is running low, you can use this setting.
- Click save and sync.
If your Amazon SKU and QB item name match, skip to the next section. Otherwise, follow these steps:
Update Multiple Listings
Connex can update multiple listings from Amazon, if the products are the same and the SKUs are different. Cloud Cart Connector, another product our company created, has multiple listings in the Intuit App Center:
If you want to update multiple listings, follow these steps:
- Complete this spreadsheet. Add a row for each listing.
- Login to Connex.
- Go to the bulk upload page.
- Upload the sheet.
Connex will update the SKUs with the same quantity as the parent SKU.
If you have a single warehouse in QuickBooks, you must update some items. Here are the steps:
- In QuickBooks, go to list > item list.
- Update the quantity on hand for some items.
- Go to File > Update Web Services.
- Check the box next to Connex and run the web connector. This action will send a text file of the inventory updates to us. Our system will process these updates in a batch every fifteen minutes. It can take up to twenty minutes for Connex to sync with Amazon.
If you have multiple warehouses, just run your web connector.
To confirm the inventory updates, follow these steps:
Connex logs inventory updates:
- On the Connex my connections page, select your connection.
- On the configure page, click account in the top menu.
- Click pending inventory. Here is the grid:
- Hover over the gear and click transaction log to see what has synced.
Amazon produces a report of the sync. To read it, follow these steps:
- Login to Amazon Seller Central.
- On the top menu, go to inventory > add products via upload.
- Verify that none of the updates show errors:
Here are some common issues:
The product-id that you provided does not match
Your product SKU in Amazon and the ASIN that you send us must match. In this example, we send the SKU as BD3664, instead of BD3664c.
- FBA products will not update stock.
- A product can only have a single ASIN. If you add multiple rules, the last rule to execute will run.