Connex for QuickBooks is compatible with Shopify and Shopify POS. Our integration can add multiple payments for the same order, and export orders by their date or order ID.
To set up the integration, follow these steps:
- Create an account at Connex for QuickBooks.
- On the my connections page > add new connection, choose Shopify from the drop down.
- In the text box that says Connection Website URL, change "STORE_NAME" to your store name:
- Click the blue configure button.
- On the next pop up window, click continue to login to Shopify.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
- You will return to our site and reach the configure wizard. Follow the wizard questions to configure your connection.
Can I add credit card fees per order?
Yes, you can add the fees. Go to the advanced tab of the Connex configure page. Scroll down to fee settings. For more details, please read this article.
Exporting Orders by Order ID
By default, our system exports orders by their date. If you need to export certain orders, follow these steps:
- In your Shopify online store, click orders.
- Click on an order.
- In the URL, remove everything before the last backslash and keep the numbers. 425050024 is the order Id in https://jmatestshop.myshopify.com/admin/orders/425050024.
- On the Connex for QuickBooks configure page, sync order manually to QuickBooks.
- In the order list field, enter the order id:
If you have more than one order, enter a comma separated list.
If you select invoices payments if paid from the transaction tab, Connex for QuickBooks will create payments for each payment on an order. Shopify supports split payments, so an order can have a $40 cash and a $60 credit card payment to complete a $100 order. In this example, you will get an invoice only:
Here is a paid order:
Can I map customer or order tags as classes in QuickBooks?
Shopify assigns tag to customers and orders. The order tag is located in the Shopify admin, beneath the address. For customers, the tags section is located under customers. Select a customer and add tags on the bottom right. You can create a rule in Connex to map a tag to a class. You could say if the order contains the tag reviewed, map it to review in QB. Here are some examples: