Grouped items have no price in QuickBooks. Groups are a collection of items, which have their own price. If Connex detects group items are taxable or the grouped item price and order price are different, Connex will fix the order.
How do I tell Connex that I sell grouped items?
On the Connex configure page, click the inventory tab. Check 'I Sell Grouped Items' and Connex will map them correctly. If your order says the group costs $10 and QB says $20, Connex will add a $10 discount. If your order says the grouped item is taxable, then Connex will mark all the sub items are taxable.
In this order, the total was $6.38. QB calculated 7.44. Connex added a discount for the difference. Here is the example.
How do I change the price of grouped items in QB?
If you do not want to add the discount line, you can change price in QB by following these steps:
- In QuickBooks, go to your item and services list.
- Double click the grouped item.
- Note the quantity and item name of each item in the list:
- Close the window and go back to the item and services area.
- Double click the items and adjust their cost. One has a cost of $34 and one has a cost of $20:
Here is the end result: