If you use QuickBooks Point of Sale, please read this guide. Otherwise, continue reading.
There are four set-up steps:
- Create a Connex for QuickBooks account.
- Pair your connection.
- Pair your QuickBooks.
- Complete your settings.
Connex works with QB in multi-user mode. For the initial set-up, we recommend switching to single user mode. You can login as a non admin and run the sync. The user must have read and write privileges.
DropBox is incompatible with our solution. You may host the file on your local machine or remote desktop, like RightNetworks.
To set-up an account, follow these steps:
- Register for an account at www.connexforquickbooks.com/account/register
- Enter a user name and password.
You will be redirected to the my connections page to pair your connection.
From the connection drop down, choose the system to integration with QuickBooks. Follow the on-screen instructions to pair your account. After you click submit, you'll be asked to pair QuickBooks.
Here is a demo:
Install Web Connector
In QuickBooks, login as an administrator. Go to File and look for an option that says update web services. If the option is missing, install the web connector. Once it's complete, go to the start menu and enter web connector. Open the app.
Open QuickBooks as an admin in single user mode. You need to be an admin, so you can change settings. Once the sync is set-up, you can be in multi-user mode. On the top menu, go to company > my company. Ensure that your company file has the company name completed:
At the my connections page, set-up your connection and click submit. If this is your first time setting up the connector, you'll be asked to download a QWC file. This file contains your connection's login data. It is used to pair QuickBooks and our software.
If you are pairing Connex on a remote server, please read this guide.
- If you see the QWC file at the bottom of your screen, click it. If you are asked to save it, place it in your desktop. Double click it.
- Open QuickBooks.
- Go to File > Update Web Services. If you do not have the web connector, you can install it from Intuit's web site.
- In the Web Connector, Go to File > Add Add Application.
- Navigate to the QWC file that you just downloaded. If you are a Harbor Cloud customer, see these instructions for saving and pairing the file.
- Click OK to authorize the web service:
- Select yes, always even when the company file isn't running:
- When the web connector appears, enter your Connex for QuickBooks password.
- Select autorun and how often you want the sync to run:
- Select OK to save these settings.
- Enable auto-run at a 30 or 60 minute interval.
- Select the service and click update selected.
Once these steps are complete, follow these steps:
- On the Connex for QuickBooks site, click my connections.
- Click submit.
- Complete the settings.
- Click save and sync.